Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



Happy Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful day with my family. The kids prepared breakfast for me and then we went to church. After church we headed down to my favorite beach where we enjoyed some fun in the sun. We were planning to bike the beach once the tide went back out but a storm came in so we will have to do that another day. We ended the day by going to dinner at one of our favorite family restaurants. It was a fabulous day!
I always enjoy quality time spent with my children and hubby and feel very blessed to be a mother and wife. Today Father Rick preached a wonderful sermon about his mother and where a mother's love comes from. It was so good- I was actually moved to tears. He shared that his mother loved him no matter how many times he made a mistake, how many times he got made fun of or did something he knew was wrong. He never had to EARN his mother's love. He said that his mother loved him with God's love and that he loves his mother with God's love. This is so very true! I love my children a little more each day. And as they get older I am finding it to be a bit more challenging to parent. Sometimes I feel that all I do is repeat myself. I don't want to discipline all day every day but I do want to teach my kids right from wrong and instill good morals and values in them. One thing I know for sure is that I will always love my children and I tell them several times a day that I love them with all my heart. That love will never go away.

My mother was a perfect mother (in my eyes). I can only remember her being happy and smiling, always ready to play, always there to help with homework or dirve me to swim practice. And I was the youngest of 5! My father was fabulous but he also worked 3 jobs so my mom could stay home with my siblings and I. There are times when I get overwhlemed with 3 children and my mom had FIVE! And like I already mentioned, she always seemed to have a smile on her face!

My mother, Bernice, was the perfect role model for me on what a mom should be. I often catch myself thinking, "Now, how would mom handle this situation?" And I call my mom constantly for parental advice which she gladly shares with me!

If I can be half the mother to my children that my mother was to me (and still is) I will consider myself to be an excellent mother!

Thanks mom for being you! I love you with all my heart!

I would like to share a poem with you that was shared online (sorry, I do not know who sent it to me). It describes my mother perfectly!



"Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore. She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well, she's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep . . . the colors of the rainbow . . . she is Christmas morning. Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every tear drop. A mother shows every emotion: happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow . . . and all the while, hopes and prays you will only know the good feelings in life. She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take. She's your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space . . . not even death!" ~Unknown

1 comment:

Amy Pitts said...

I bet one day your children will feel the same way that you do about your mom now. Happy Mothers Day.