Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Taught by an Expert!




Many of you may already know that my parents were in town visitng for two weeks. They still live in the house I grew up in...up in Connecticut. My family and I live 16 hours away from them. It is very hard living so far away from them. Fortunately, mom and dad drive out for a two week visit every October. It is ALWAYS so much FUN! I take the two weeks they are visiting off from Close To My Heart and just enjoy spending every day with them.
My mother has always been an excellent cook and baker. She recently won 2nd place in an Apple Pie
Baking Contest up in Connecitcut. This was her 2nd year entering. Last she she came in 3rd. Perhpas next year she will earn the First Place Title!
Anyway, Mom gave me an apple pie baking lesson
while she was visiting. I could never make a homemade crust that did not fall apart! Well, I am proud to say that with the help of Mom the expert, I was successful this time around! Not only did the pie taste deilicous...it actually
looked pretty good, too...if I do say so myself! Here are some photos of mom and I and the pie!


1 comment:

Sheila H said...

Sounds like you had a ton of fun! And your pie looks great!