Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Parents!






Hello!
I have not posted in a few days. My parents are in town visiting for 2 weeks. They live in Connecticut (16 hours away from me down here in Charleston, SC-BooHoo). In fact they still live in the house I grew up in!
We have not seen each other since last Christmas so we were very excited for their arrival!
Here is a photo of my mom and I. She made me this adorable witch hat. I have some close up photos of the hat-they don't do justice to all the hand stitching my mother did on this fabulous decoration. I absolutely love it. Thanks Mom!


I have also posted a few photos of the Halloween pillowcases my mom made for Tucker, Molly and Payton. Are they not the cutest? Stan wanted to know why he didn't get one for our bed!!!

Anyway, the McGrew's are thrilled to have my parents in town.

We went to the farm on Sunday and have plans to carve pumpkins and go trick-or-treating on Saturday night. We have also been very busy painting my stamp room (it came out gorgeous!) and now we are moving everything back in. My Dad is amazed at all the "stuff" I have! I am actually planning to host a scrapbook/stamp sale in a few weeks. As I move back into my room I am putting product to the side that I no longer need and will be selling them so be sure to stay tuned for this magnificent sale extravaganza!
I will also post more photos and share more stories about our wonderful visit with my parents. I hate living so far from them but I LOVE having them visit. Life is always so much fun (even the things I hate to do) when they are around! And I love seeing my children get so excited and be so happy to just hang out with my mom and dad (I hope my grandchildren will feel the same way towards Stan and I!). They truly are the two most perfect people I know. They love life, they gave me a fabulous childhood and were excellent role models for me on how to be the best parent I can be!



1 comment:

Lisa Stenz said...

Hope you are having a great time with your parents. Your mom looks so sweet!

BTW, I have a little something for you on my blog. *Ü*