Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fabulous Friends!


I just returned from the bus stop. It is 30 degrees outside this morning! When we stepped outside Payton said, "Look Mom! It snowed!" What she saw was frost. We were all so excited to feel the cold on our nose and see our breath as we spoke! Those who know me, know I miss the cool crisp temps of fall and the winter white snow of winter living down here in Charleston..
Just the other day my dear friend, Tracy called. She wanted to tell me it had snowed back in the town we moved from 2 1/2 years ago. She said the snow made her think of me. Oh how I miss that first snow of the season! I love Charleston, especially in the Spring and Summer months but I do struggle in the Fall and Winter.
Tracy made my day when she called to share her first snow with me. After I hung up with her and reflected on our conversation I could not help but feel blessed to have made some wonderful friends down here in the south but to have the bonds of friendship that I left in Ohio become even stronger even after I had moved away!
Here is a photo of Tracy and I biking the bridge here in Charleston this past August when she and her family came to visit. My family and I are excited to go visit Tracy and our other Ohio friends in just a few weeks. We are hoping for snow while we are there! If we get that wish I will be sure to post a photo of Tracy and I in the snow!
Thank you Tracy, for your wonderful phone call the other day! Thank you for our friendship!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hi Amy! I love your blog page. I have put in a special order for snow to be delivered to CW Ohio on December 6th. We can't wait to see you and your family!!!!!!