Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blessing #2 My Parents!


I love my parents! They are the most wonderful couple in the world! I am the youngest of 5 children. My parents gave my siblings and I the most perfect childhood. They raised each one of us to be kind, considerate and to always try our best and treat others the way we would like to be treated. Growing up I did not always realize just how lucky I was to be given my mom and dad. Now that I am a parent I know I was given the best of the best! My parents always supported my siblings and I in whatever activities we were involved with. I never remember my mom really yelling at us or feeling frazzled or stressed...and she had 5 children-5 very different children at that! My parnets made every day specila in some small way.
My parents always emphasize the importance of family. They taught us to always look after each other. I am proud to say that my siblings and I are extremely close. Unfortunately, we all live in different states and do not see each other very often but we do know that we are always here for one another and we always will be. I loved how they welcomed Stan into our family with open arms right from the start. They treated him like a sibling and they love him like a brother. I am really looking forward to being with most of my siblings again over the holidays.
My parents are excellent role models on what a marriage should be. I remember my mother telling me right before I married Stan that it is very important to make time for each other weekly. It is very easy to get caught up in your childrens' lives and neglect your spouse. Stan and I took this advice to heart and do make time for each other on a weekly basis.
My parents just celebrated their 51st anniversary last Sunday. They are truly best friends and soul mates. Happy anniversay Mom & Dad! You are wonderful! You are so special to me and I love you with my whole heart!
I created this layout last February when my siblings and I planned a surpsie party for my mother's 70th birthday. It was a small celebration with just my siblings and mom and dad. It was so awesome to be together again and to surpsie my mom!

No comments: