Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

My Rock The Block




Happy Friday!

I finally treated myself to a little time to play with my January exclusive Rock the Block kit that is available only until January 31st. I cannot say enough about how fun this special kit is! I am thrilled with the stamp set that comes wiht this kit (and this stamp set will not be available to purchase after January 31st. It will be retired. This is a "Gotta Have" stamp set! I see me using this time and time again.

As you can see from the photos, I chose to use the blocks to create a perpetual calendar. I used the tray to create a shadow box highlighting one of my favorite photos of Stan and I. I created these projects using a retired paper pack called "Perfect Day," some fun embellishments and the Cricut Art Philosophy to cut all the numbers and letters (LOVE that this cartridge did all my cutting for me!). I adhered a photo of each family member (and one of the family together) on the 9th block. We will display the photo of each person, along with the date on his/her birthday month. Isn't that fun?!

This can be given as a gift to a friend or loved one but...I am so happy with how it turned out, it matches our kitchen and my daughter, Payton, LOVES to change the date each morning sooooo....I think we are going to keep the calendar and I am going to display the shadow box in the Master bedroom.

I am going to reserve a day/time in February where you can come create a perpetual calendar and shadow box of your own. The class will be free-you are just responsible for bringing your own supplies to embellish your blocks, along with your stamp set, adhesives, paper trimmer and a Cricut mat. I will be here to guide you and offer assistance when needed. Contact me for the details!

As I mentioned, the exclusive Rock the Block set is only available until January 31st. It only costs $15.00 (the "E" size stamp set alone is valued at more than $30!) with a minimum $25 order. What a steal!

I know I have shared the video below with you back in December but thought I would share it again so you can "see" all the details.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE what you did with this!