Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Hello and Happy, Happy Holidays!
I have been travleing this past week, thus the lack of posts. I am hoping to some day treat myself to an Apple Laptop computer so that I can keep up with my blogging but for now...I will just have to make do with what I have.
My family and I are having a fabulous time up in Connecituct at my parent's home. We drove here after church on Sunday...once the big snow storm subsidded and I have to tell you we got so excited as we were driving and came up to the snow. It is so pretty and festive. I grew up in my parent's house. Yes, they still live in the same house they lived in when I was born almost 42 years ago. I have always woken up on Christmas morning in this very house and I have to say that it just would not be Chrismtas if I was not in this special home filled with so many memories. My children have never been anywhere else on Chirsmtas Eve, either. Christmas to my children is not just about gifts...when they think of Christmas they think of their Grammy & Grampy...and all their cousins and aunts and uncles!
We built a snowman and have been sledding every day since our arrival. the other night we were out sledding until 8:30 p.m. Stan built a bon fire and we made S'mores and cooked hot chocolate outside,too! Yesterday we went to my brother Rusty's house. Rusty built a beautiful ice rink in his pack yard. All the cousins went skating and it even started snowing again! It was perfect!
It's hard living in the south at this time of year for me. I am truly a winter gal and living far from my parents and siblings is hard but Christmas time is one of the most wonderful times of the year for me...I get to enjoy the winter season with my family and my parents and siblings. Nothing could be finer!
I have been taking lots of photos and will share them once I arrive back home (my parent's computer is a bit ...old and it would take too long to upload and all that jazz) so be sure to check back soon!

Happy, Happy Holidays to all of you dear friends!
SMiles,
Amy

2 comments:

Lori said...

Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, friend! I loved your card. It sounds like you are having a fabulous time!